Saturday 13 July 2024

Capyba Cafe @Johor Bahru (JB), City in Malaysia

My time at Capyba Cafe or Capybababa! 😂

I'm just going to be honest and straight forward. It was a café with not much capybara theme food but they have two small capybaras. I think they are still kids because the adults are usually bigger than what I saw at the café. It was still a good place to drop by and chill out or if you have kids, you can let your kids experience touching small capybaras. These were the drinks and dessert we bought to try. 


The brown drink is a Hot Chocolate that costed 13 RM, and it costed 14 RM for Cold Chocolate drink. The yellow cup of drink is a Hot Macadamia Milk that costed 13 RM, and it is also 14 RM for the cold option. The next cup of drink with red syrup and a piece of strawberry is called a Lover's Lemonade. It costed 16 RM, under the section of drinks known as the coolers. It was stated on the menu that it's made with strawberry, lemonade and soda water. It tasted really refreshing and thirst quenching.👍👍 


I'm not really sure if their menu will ever change, but currently they only have one dessert. It's under the section of sweet, known as the Capybara Pudding and it costed 16 RM. To be honest I thought it was going to be jiggly, bouncy and soft? But it was pretty solid. We found out about it after attempting to slap it with a spoon, only to cause splatters of chocolate onto my friend's camera. HAHAHAHAHA! Well, it still does jiggle a bit if we shake the plate strongly. LOL! 

I love the mango bits, it does match well with the chocolate pudding. I would totally smear more chocolate syrup onto the pudding before putting it into my mouth. It tasted okay for a solid chocolate pudding, not exceptionally delicious but good enough. 

After waiting a little while longer, our main dishes finally arrived. These were the main dishes that we bought after much consideration and curiosity.😂


The first one that we had was Mentaiko Pasta. It costed 29.90 RM. It was stated on the menu that it's made with refreshing capellini with pollock roe sauce, topped with flying fish roe and fried ebi. I am not really a fan of the sauce so it tasted okay for me. It is just not something that I would particularly go for, but it's still tasty and probably delicious for some other people. I do like the fried ebi. Despite me having minor prawn allergies like itchy tongue and sometimes swollen lip, it was very crispy. I love the crunchiness!👍 


Next we had Salmon Tamagoyaki Mentai. This was not what we expected. It was stated on the menu that it's made with salmon top with torched mentaiko spread and tamagoyaki. It costed 26.90 RM. It's taste was very normal and the rice was not hot enough so overall it wasn't very delicious. The mentaiko sauce doesn't go well with the teriyaki sauce. I don't even know why there's two sauces in one dish. It was a little bit overly sweet and yet salty at the same time. I would not recommend this unless they love strong or overwhelming flavors.😜


Lastly, we had Wild Mushroom Aglio Olio that costed 23.90 RM. It was stated on the menu that it was a simple and flavorful dish that features pasta toss with garlic, chili flakes, cherry tomatoes, shiitake and button mushroom. This was probably the best of the best among the rest that we had tried. There was a tinge of herb flavorings that make everything goes well together. It looks spicy and yes, it was spicy but tolerable for me. So chose at own risk! Well, there is always an option of sharing dishes.😂😂😂


Here are some cute photos of a small capybara!💕


It was a first come first serve cafe. There was no need for bookings. It seemed like anyone can touch those cute capybaras anytime they want as long as they have a seat in the cafe. They do have toilet and it doesn't smell nice. I recommend bringing your own tissues for own sanitary in toilet for I did not see any tissues in their toilet.😂 Please make sure to give time for queuing and waiting as it was a long waiting queue for me.💦 I am not sure if they are going to be there forever because small capybaras does not stop growing, and the space of the cafe is not exactly spacious for a big capybara to walk around? Will they allow the capybaras to walk around? Their plans for when the capybaras are bigger is still a mystery, or is there any plans? So make sure to check them out while the capybaras are still small!!😂


Cabyba Cafe Location:
28, Jalan Nakhoda 2, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia

0 comments:

Post a Comment